When I first came to Okonkwo’s
house, I feel frightened of the strange people and environment. I tried to run
away once or twice but I did not know where to begin. I missed my mother and my
three-year-old sister so much and I burst into tears. Nwoye’s mother was very
kind to me and treated me as one of her own children. Although I like her very
much and I can feel her love to me, I keep on questioning the time to return
home.
I refused to take any food but at last I was
forced to swallow the yam when Okonkwo came into the hut with a big stick in
his hand and stood over me. I vomited painfully after a few moments. I feel
terrible and sick. But at that moment, I can feel the caring from Nwoye’s
mother. She came to me and placed her hands on my chest and my back.
After I fall sick for
three market weeks, I recovered from my illness. I feel like there is no more
fear and sadness within myself. I think I was gradually adapted to the new
environment in which I had to do so. I returned to my true self and I am able
to mix well with Okonkwo’s family members.
No comments:
Post a Comment